Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Mothers Day


Well today was Mothers Day. I had a rough start to begin the day. This was the first year I was alone. Alone as in Single. Not married. No one to get me a card or buy me a present from my daughter. I was sad when I woke up this morning. I felt so alone. As the day progressed I had to get ready to go to a fish fry out at a lake we call Mesa Lake. I was busy. I had to clean my house, get my daughter and I ready, and make pasta salad to bring to the fish fry. I ended up running a little late. The day got a little better as it went along. Kelcie and I played and ran around and waded in the water. We ate till we couldn't eat anymore. I got to spend Mothers Day with my whole family.

I also got to celebrate for my Mother and also got to celebrate for her 50th birthday today. I wrote my mom a letter. I poured my heart into that letter and I think it was the best gift I could have ever given her. I love my mom with all my heart and I couldn't ask for a better mom. She's my Best Friend. I just hope I'm half the mom to Kelcie as she was to me. I love you mom. Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Tanya Siekman said...

Juli,

I wish for you all the happiness in the whole world .. and it looks like you're finding it! As I watch you with Kelcie, I see a Mother that is twice the Mother I ever could be. I loved the letter you wrote to me and I love you more than I can ever tell you ... I don't have to tell you because you are a Mother and you already know. Love always, Mom